Hire a web Developer and Designer to upgrade and boost your online presence with cutting edge Technologies

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Embrace your Doubters

You all know the saying “keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer”.  This post is framed around that saying, all be it “Enemies” is probably a bit too strong a word.
This got me thinking about my own experience in trying to convince people about the value of Social Media.  It can be hard enough to elicit feedback at the best of times; however it can be quite disheartening if the feedback you receive is always negative.
I would however urge you to embrace your doubters, as they are the most valuable people in your community.  I’ve had recent experience of this, and it is only now that I started to see the fruits of the ‘relationship’.
For the past few months, every time I wrote a blog post, the same individual kept turning up, always with an opposing viewpoint ready to challenge my message.  Initially I was very frustrated by this, to the point where I was beginning to doubt what I was saying.
However it is now a few months down the line, and I have been able to look back and analyse what really happened.  What I learned was that the comments and feedback from this individual actually spurred me on, and made me work doubly hard to prove my point.  I was forced to put more thought into my arguments, and to make sure that my references were better researched.  Imagine my surprise, recently when I started to see a change in the opinion of my critic.  What a fantastic feeling!!!
So the next time you are faced with criticism, don’t be afraid to step up your efforts, and work that little bit harder, to prove your critics wrong.
What are your approaches to dealing with critics?

No comments:

Post a Comment