Hire a web Developer and Designer to upgrade and boost your online presence with cutting edge Technologies

Monday, March 7, 2011

How to access MySQL database remotely in cPanel - Remote MySQL Database Access(Access Host)

I have rectly encountered a problem with MySQL database connectivity,what was that see it

I'm having problem with accessing database from one of my site to another..

I have one site say a.com and I want to replicate the database from this site to my another site say b.com...

I'm using Cpanel in both the sites. In site A.com, I have created a user with required privileges and also added the other website (b.com) in the access hosts..

Now to access a.com database from b.com, I can use the username and password I have created on a.com but I'm not sure what hostname should I use..

Website a.com use localhost as the hostname..what should I use with b.com..


Solution:

-If a.com and b.com are on the same server, then you can use localhost.

-If they are on different servers, then use the IP address or domain name instead of localhost.

If the site with the database is a cPanel account, then you will need to give permission for remote access. This is done in cPanel>>MySQL databases

Look towards the bottom for a section called Access Hosts.

Start with % (wildcard). Once it works then

Add the IP address of the server that is wishing to access the database.
Then delete the wildcard (%)

-If already changed the "access hosts"
but this mysql error shows up


GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `the_DB` . * TO 'username'@ 'domain_ip';


Try above sql query from MySQL prompt. and flush the prvileges. Check from your end.

No comments:

Post a Comment